You Are Not Your Career. Your ability to follow instructions is not the secret to your success. You are hiding your best work, your best insight, and your best self from us every day. We know how much you care, and it’s a shame that the system works overtime to push you away from the people and the projects you care about. It’s too bad that so much time has been wasted, but it would be unforgivable to wait any longer. You have the ability to contribute so much. Go make a Ruckus !
~ Seth Godin
Some days you just have to create your own sunshine.
~ Sam Sundquist
Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.
~ John Green, Looking for Alaska
I guess the sad truth is, not everyone will accomplish something great. Some of us may just have to find meaning in the little moments that make up life.
~ Howard in The Big Bang Theory.
- There is No Spotify Model: https://www.infoq.com/presentations/spotify-culture-stc
Scaling Agile @ Spotify: https://ucvox.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/113617905-scaling-agile-spotify-11.pdf
Zen And The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance – Robert M. Pirsig
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
- Audiobook: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXwUup70fsw
- What Color Is Your Parachute –
Drive – Daniel H Pink
The 5 Essential People Skills – Dale Carnegie
- Audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyLZz04m8R0 (1 of 5)
The $100 Startup – Chris Guillebeau
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success Paperback ~ Carol S. Dweck
- Leap First ~ Seth Godin
- Chinese startups compete with the likes of Amazon & Uber and won. They are locally funded. Indian ones are actually owned by foreign investors.
- Israel startups work on niches areas and get acquired by us companies in billions (e.g. Waze). Indian ones are also acquired but very few and for very less
- For communication between two components that don’t have a parent-child relationship, you can set up your own global event system.
Subscribe to events in componentDidMount(), unsubscribe in componentWillUnmount(), and call setState() when you receive an event.
- Flux | Redux | Cursors | Elm etc
- The two components listen for a change event from the store. Then on change each component can query the store for the information it needs.
- You want to display two tables and you have a React component called Table, that listens to a Table Store. By clicking a table header column, you will sort the data ascending or descending. You will soon notice those tables are syncing
- Use containers to send the rendering data to a reusable component
- React Fiber
Communication between components
- Installation https://www.npmjs.com/package/react-pubsub
- GitHub https://github.com/mroderick/PubSubJS
- Answers https://www.ctheu.com/2015/02/12/how-to-communicate-between-react-components/#events-systems
- A simple React framework based on Pub/Sub
- Egghead Flux Video: https://egghead.io/articles/gentle-introduction-to-the-react-flux-architecture
- egghead “React Flux”
- smart and dumb components
- Egghead Redux Video: https://egghead.io/courses/getting-started-with-redux